Sponsor a Flag NOW!
The repairs and revitalization work to Draper Memorial Park are ALMOST finished! To help celebrate the renewed beauty of this special place, Citizens for Milford and the Milford Salvation Army are now seeking sponsorships for the Field of Flags.
Each sponsored 3’ x 5’ American flag will stand tall on a 10’ staff in Draper Park beginning October 13 and will fly until the week after Veterans Day. Flags will be removed November 17.
- Each sponsored flag will include a yellow remembrance ribbon and an attached card naming the person being honored, military branch, years of service, and sponsor’s name.
- (Optional) You may send us a small photo of the flag honoree. We will be happy to laminate the photo and include it with the card that names the person being honored.
- The donation to sponsor a flag in 2021 is $20. This amount is lower than the normal $60 because of the shorter flag display. Your donation is tax-deductible.
- The deadline to submit your sponsorship form and donation is October 8.
- We will resume the normal Field of Flags schedule with the flags flying for five patriotic holidays beginning with Memorial Day in 2022. Everyone who sponsors a flag now in 2021 will receive a form in April inviting you to renew for the 2022 year.
- To sponsor a flag, print and complete this form and mail it with a check made out the to SALVATION ARMY for $20. Mail the form and check to the address printed on the form.
- QUESTIONS? Email us at CitizensforMilford@gmail.com
The Draper Memorial Park Field of Flags is co-sponsored by Citizens for Milford and the Milford Corps of the Salvation Army, with support from the Milford Parks Commission and the Milford Veterans Agency.