Citizens for Milford and the Salvation Army are pleased to announce the new Field of Flags program for this year:
- Each 3’ x 5’ American flag will stand tall on a 10’ staff in Draper Park on three patriotic holidays:
Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Veterans Day.
- Each sponsored flag will include a yellow remembrance ribbon and an attached card naming the person being honored, military branch, years of service, and sponsor’s name.
- (Optional) You may send us a small photo of the flag honoree. We will be happy to laminate the photo and include it with the card that names the person being honored.
- The donation to sponsor a flag in 2023 is $40.
Your donation is tax‑deductible as allowed by law.
- The Sponsorship Year begins in May with Memorial Day. You may sponsor a flag at any point in the Sponsorship Year for a $40 tax-deductible donation.
- The $40 donation amount does not change based on when you sponsor a flag. For example, the donation is $40 even if you choose to sponsor a flag at the end of the Sponsorship Year just for Veterans Day.
- No matter when you send your donation, you will receive a form in April inviting you to renew for another year.
Please print page 2, fill it in, and return as directed along with a check made out to The Salvation Army.
Note that in 2022 there were 210 flags – near capacity so we encourage you to make your returns promptly! May 9 is the deadline to participate.
QUESTIONS? Email us at CitizensforMilford@gmail.com