Monthly Archives: July 2015

Make a Difference! Volunteer to Serve on a Town Board or Committee

MilfordMA-sealAlthough many of Milford’s town boards are composed of elected members (such as the Board of Health and the Planning Board), the town also benefits from the time and talent of Milford citizens who volunteer to serve on other boards and committees and are then appointed by the Board of Selectmen. Town boards and committees that are filled with volunteer positions include:

  • Cable TV Complaint Committee
  • Capital Improvement COmmittee
  • Cedar Swamp Pond Development Committee
  • Commission on Disability
  • Community School Use Committee
  • Conservation Commission
  • Council on Aging
  • Fair Housing Committeee
  • Finance Committee
  • Historical Commission
  • Industrial Development Commission
  • Memorial Hall Cultural Center Committee
  • Milford Cultural Council
  • Milford Geriatric Authority
  • Milford Youth Commission
  • Personnel Board
  • Zoning Board of Appeals

For Milfordians who are eager to share their expertise with the community on a volunteer board or committee, your first step is to complete the Application for Appointment to Board or Committee. Once completed in full, you need to submit the form to the Board of Selectmen by mailing or dropping it off at their office in Town Hall. The town will keep your application on file for three years.

Details regarding the total number of members, appointments, term limits, powers, etc.  for each board and committee can be found in the General By-Laws of the Town of Milford.


Neighborhood Task Force Wants YOUR Tips!

Is there a blighted property in your neighborhood? Do you suspect that a nearby home has been divided into illegal apartments or is simply overcrowded?

Well, now you can share your concerns directly with Milford’s Neighborhood Task Force using their recently launched tip service. All you need to do is call the new tip line phone number (774-462-3307) or fill out the online form available on the town website to let town officials know about Milford properties you believe violate state health and safety codes. If you choose to submit your concern online, you can upload as many as three photographs showing the problems. Before calling or completing the form, be sure you know the street address of the property.

To submit a tip directly using the town website’s online form, click here. If you prefer to call in your tip, call 774-462-3307.

Read more about this new service in “Town Launches Housing Tip Line” in the Milford Daily News.