Make a Difference! Volunteer to Serve on a Town Board or Committee

MilfordMA-sealAlthough many of Milford’s town boards are composed of elected members (such as the Board of Health and the Planning Board), the town also benefits from the time and talent of Milford citizens who volunteer to serve on other boards and committees and are then appointed by the Board of Selectmen. Town boards and committees that are filled with volunteer positions include:

  • Cable TV Complaint Committee
  • Capital Improvement COmmittee
  • Cedar Swamp Pond Development Committee
  • Commission on Disability
  • Community School Use Committee
  • Conservation Commission
  • Council on Aging
  • Fair Housing Committeee
  • Finance Committee
  • Historical Commission
  • Industrial Development Commission
  • Memorial Hall Cultural Center Committee
  • Milford Cultural Council
  • Milford Geriatric Authority
  • Milford Youth Commission
  • Personnel Board
  • Zoning Board of Appeals

For Milfordians who are eager to share their expertise with the community on a volunteer board or committee, your first step is to complete the Application for Appointment to Board or Committee. Once completed in full, you need to submit the form to the Board of Selectmen by mailing or dropping it off at their office in Town Hall. The town will keep your application on file for three years.

Details regarding the total number of members, appointments, term limits, powers, etc.  for each board and committee can be found in the General By-Laws of the Town of Milford.


Comments are closed.