Citizens for Milford and the Salvation Army are pleased to announce the new Field of Flags program for this year:
- Each 3’ x 5’ American flag will stand tall on a 10’ staff in Draper Park on three patriotic holidays:
Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Veterans Day.
- Each sponsored flag will include a yellow remembrance ribbon and an attached card naming the person being honored, military branch, years of service, and sponsor’s name.
- (Optional) You may send us a small photo of the flag honoree. We will be happy to laminate the photo and include it with the card that names the person being honored.
- The donation to sponsor a flag in 2023 is $40.
Your donation is tax‑deductible as allowed by law.
- The Sponsorship Year begins in May with Memorial Day. You may sponsor a flag at any point in the Sponsorship Year for a $40 tax-deductible donation.
- The $40 donation amount does not change based on when you sponsor a flag. For example, the donation is $40 even if you choose to sponsor a flag at the end of the Sponsorship Year just for Veterans Day.
- No matter when you send your donation, you will receive a form in April inviting you to renew for another year.
Download the 2023 Field of Flags Sponsorship form here.
Please print page 2, fill it in, and return as directed along with a check made out to The Salvation Army.
Note that in 2022 there were 210 flags – near capacity so we encourage you to make your returns promptly! May 9 is the deadline to participate.
QUESTIONS? Email us at CitizensforMilford@gmail.com