Once news broke that a developer had submitted an application to build a Chapter 40 B rental housing complex in Milford on the property that had previously been eyed by Foxwoods for a destination resort casino, questions about the project started popping like popcorn all over social media. Citizens for Milford does not have all the answers, but we have made an effort to create one space with some of the answers here on our website.
On the new Chapter 40 B Housing 2016 page, you can find the following information:
- List of basic facts about the proposal.
- Direct link to the developer’s Project Eligibility and Site Approval Application (just in case you are willing to plow through all 127 pages!)
- Definition of the Chapter 40 B statute.
- Information table showing how Milford’s affordable housing inventory compares to other Massachusetts towns.
- Links to all relevant news coverage.
We will continue to update this page as more information comes to light.